In this episode, we cover the essential skill that makes relationships work. This is a core task of being in relationship that opens the door for a deep, happy and fulfilling partnership. This is a topic I repeatedly revisit with my clients, and you’ll get to learn this skill and how to implement it by listening to this episode.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on Apple Podcasts. And be sure to leave us a Rating and Review!
“There are no simple solutions to our differences. You have to embrace that complexity.” – John Howard
This episode helps you learn how to be an authentic individual in your relationship while also tending to the important connection needs of your relationship. You’ll learn how being too selfish and self-centered can harm your relationship, and how being too giving and generous can harm your relationship as well. You’ll learn how to implement the important balance between those sides of the coin: how to advocate for yourself without being selfish, and covering the connection needs of your relationship while remaining an authentic individual.
- How to be authentic yet stay connected
- How to not give yourself away in the relationship
- How to prevent inner resentment from building up
- How to ask your partner for feedback
- Why it’s okay to blow things up in the near term for the long-term health of your relationship
- How to develop awareness of your own needs
- Why negotiation is superior to compromise
- How your partner can help you be yourself
“Most life dreams and goals can be supported by your relationship. Sometimes we give so much to the people around us that we don’t take the time to really speak our dreams and goals and make sure our partner is supporting them.” – John Howard