In this episode, you will learn John’s take on the Why, How and What of relationships. The inspiration for this structure comes from Simon Sinek’s book, Start With Why, which helps us feel the relevance of things, like business projects. John’s Why, How and What for relationships can help you build a more connected and loving relationship.
Very often, we become overly focused on the logistical details of relationship life like managing money, schedules, parenting responsibilities and more. Our communication and interactions become increasingly transactional. We forget to tend to the essential purpose of a relationship: to feel loved, cared for, appreciated, and known.
You’ll learn to focus on the “why” of your relationship more than the “what,” using the “how” as a bridge. You’ll be inspired to get back to the purpose and roots of your connection more on a daily basis.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on Apple Podcasts. And be sure to leave us a Rating and Review!
“By really focusing on your why, you’re bringing attention to the core purpose of your partnership and that makes it harder to get lost in the weeds.” – John Howard
- How Simon Sinek’s ideas can help us think about relationship health
- The actual reason we want relationships
- The benefit of focusing on the “why” of our relationship
- Why the process of communication is often more important than the ideas being exchanged
- How the “what” of our relationship can distract us from the things that really matter
- Practical strategies that will help you focus on the “why”
“The sense of connection is really what we’re looking for when we partner up and it’s really what drives our sense of fulfillment in relationships as they move through their different cycles.” – John Howard