In this episode, John Howard talks to Ann Kelley and Sue Marriott, hosts of the Therapist Uncensored podcast. Tune in to get inside perspective on the hosts and their show. You’ll learn why Ann and Sue decided to start the show, how they make highly technical material accessible to non-therapists, and their thoughts about the intersection of psychology, business, and politics.
Sue Marriott LCSW, CGP, is a therapist in private practice for over 25 years. She links research to real-world application, training other therapists and the public nationally. She is a co-founder of Austin IN Connection, the largest local organization of therapists studying attachment and neuroscience, and is the proud mother of 3 incredible young adults and loves her mini-zoo of animals.
Ann Kelley is a psychologist focused on trauma and attachment-based interventions. She is in private practice where she integrates neurobiological, attachment-based and emotion-focused theories and techniques to create an approach that is “moment-to-moment” and highly dynamic.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on Apple Podcasts. And be sure to leave us a Rating and Review!
“When we feel threat or fear or feel like we’re being attacked, we actually tribalize and polarize. What’s interesting in our culture right now is I think that’s being used against us.” – Ann Kelley
- Why Sue and Ann decided to start a therapy-oriented podcast
- How Sue and Ann make the Therapist Uncensored podcast accessible to non-therapists
- How Sue and Ann apply attachment theory and neuroscience in their own relationship
- Therapist-approved methods of dealing with difficult podcast guests
- Problems that occur when psychology is brought into the private, corporate space
- The ethics of branding in psychology
- How the definition of relationship health is evolving to be inclusive of LGBTQ and non-monogamous relationships
- How our own psychology is being used against us in the political sphere
“We don’t realize that our working definition of relationship health has been shaped intentionally by political forces or by research money with a moral, religious or cultural agenda.” – John Howard
- Listen to the Therapist Uncensored podcast
- TU89: Neurofluency, Using Neuroscience in Therapy, Work & Life with Guest Dr. Lou Cozolino
- Connect with Sue & Ann: