Although we may love our extended families, spending time with them can be triggering and exhausting.
That’s why, in this episode, you’ll learn how to maintain a healthy connection with your partner while managing the stress of visiting your relatives.
You’ll learn how to establish boundaries with your extended family members, how to protect your nuclear family’s culture and values, and how to protect your primary relationship from difficult family members.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on Apple Podcasts. And be sure to leave us a Rating and Review!
“One way to protect yourselves and also make it more fun, is to go into extended family situations with a game plan of prioritizing yourselves, prioritizing your connection, prioritizing spending quality time with each other.” – John Howard
- How to ensure that your relationship with your partner remains healthy while visiting your extended family
- How to protect your family’s culture and values
- How to communicate your needs with your extended family
- How to deal with unsolicited advice about your relationship
- How to set time and space boundaries with your extended family
“Be clear on what your family culture is and what your values are and make them portable. Bring them with you! Don’t check them at the door. Show other people what you’re about.” – John Howard