In this episode, my guest Jonathan Hewitt talks about how you can teach your children to be more aware of themselves and of the people around them. Jonathan is the author of Life Ki-do Parenting and an expert in helping kids (and adults) develop natural confidence and self-esteem. We discuss topics from his book and training programs he offers for kids and families in Austin, TX, including ways to introduce mindfulness and spirituality to young people, how you can encourage emotional transparency in the parent-child relationship, and how you can help boys develop a healthy sense of masculinity.
Jonathan Hewitt has a degree in psychology from Emory University along with 30 years of study in mindfulness, meditation, and the brain-body connection. He has taught martial arts and life education to thousands at his academies in Austin, TX. Jonathan, and with his wife Lana, are authors of the award-winning book, Life Ki-do Parenting: Tools to Raise Happy, Confident Kids from the Inside Out. The book empowers children (and parents!) with the skills to find inner strength, confidence and happiness from within instead of looking to others for validation and self-worth. For more info, visit www.lifekido.com.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on Apple Podcasts. And be sure to leave us a Rating and Review!
“Perfection is being the best you can be in the moment, being authentic and transparent.” – Jonathan Hewitt
- The book that changed everything for both of us
- What it means to be aware
- On the challenges that parents and kids face these days
- The value of emotional transparency between parent and child
- On the Ice, Puddle, and River concepts from Jonathan’s book
- How to help boys develop a sense of healthy masculinity
- How to apply the Ice, Puddle, and River concepts in your relationship with your partner
“Screwing up is fine as long as you can learn something from it! Teach your kids by example what it’s like to be an emotionally intelligent person as opposed to trying to be perfect.” – John Howard
- Get a copy of Way of the Peaceful Warrior by Dan Millman
- Read Life Life Ki-do Parenting by Jonathan Hewitt
- Connect with Jonathan Hewitt:
Facebook | Life Ki-do Martial Arts, Parenting & Life Education
“If two people can get into the right process with each other, then they can most certainly handle the content.” – John Howard