In this episode, John Howard and attachment theory expert Dr. Diane Poole Heller discuss practical ways to apply attachment theory in your relationships to achieve more fulfillment and intimacy. While the basics of attachment theory are widely known, you’ll have a better idea of how to apply this information in your partnership after this episode. Enjoy!
Diane Poole Heller, Ph.D., is an established expert in the field of Adult Attachment Theory and Models, trauma resolution, and integrative healing techniques. She is the author of The Power of Attachment: How to Create Deep and Lasting Intimate Relationships, published by Sounds True. She is a trainer, presenter, and speaker offering workshops, teleseminars and educational materials on Trauma, Attachment Models and their dynamics in childhood and adult relationships, as well as many other topics. She has lectured and taught around the world as both a Somatic Experiencing trainer and Special topics presenter, most recently with her very popular DARe (Dynamic Attachment Re-Patterning Experience) series on Adult Attachment.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on Apple Podcasts. And be sure to leave us a Rating and Review!
“As people heal their original insecure attachment injuries or disorganized attachment, they have a lot more tools and a lot more possibility of being satisfied and fulfilled in their adult relationships.” – Diane Poole Heller
- What attachment is and why it matters
- On the distinction between child and adult attachment
- Why knowing how to be dependent is healthy
- How to find out your attachment style
- What to do once you know your style
“Self-reliance is a good thing! It’s just that we can have it all: we can have self-reliance and we can need people and be nourished by relationship. It doesn’t have to be either/or.” – Diane Poole Heller
- Get a copy of The Power of Attachment by Diane Poole Heller
- Listen to Healing Your Attachment Wounds by Diane Poole Heller
- Take Diane’s free attachment style quiz
- Get a copy of Wired for Love by Stan Tatkin
- Read Attached by Amir Levine and Rachel Heller
- Connect with Diane Poole Heller:
Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | DianePooleHeller.com
“Attachment is not just something that’s important in a couple relationship, it’s also a pathway to healing individual issues, the more we allow ourselves to be relational in a deep way with others.” – John Howard